Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh Hey, Braxton Hicks

I hate you. Each and every one of you irritating little squeezes that start from my belly button and radiate around my uterus. I hate you in the morning, I hate you when I am at work, I hate you after I eat or when I have to pee, and I especially hate you when I am trying to sleep. You are annoying and uncomfortable and occasionally painful. I know we will be getting even more closely acquainted as the weeks press on. Trust me, I am not looking forward to our bonding.

There has been plenty of aspects of pregnancy that have been less than enjoyable. I wasn't too fond of the vomiting part, the joint-pain part(s), or the mood swings part. Although, I'll almost be willing to say out loud that my least favorite part has been the my-uterus-is-practicing-for-labor-and-therefore-wrenching-itself-into-a-rock-hard-pain-in-my-abdomen part. I read that some women are more sensitive to them than others, and therefore feel them earlier on, more frequently, or stronger than others. I guess I am one of those lucky gals that get to experience them through the entirety of my third trimester. Joy.

Well that was a lot of belly-aching. (Pun intended. Insert courtesy laugh here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment