Friday, July 6, 2012

27 Weeks

This morning came a little too early, and knowing I would be getting shot in the arm with a needle and then made to drink sugar syrup wasn't making it any better. The only saving grace was knowing I would get to hear baby's heartbeat and possibly [read: successfully] talk the husband into taking me to Bagels By The Sea.

Well the RhoGAM shot was just as enjoyable as I had imagined, especially since my regular medical assistant was out of the office. Nothing like getting poked in the humerus by a chipper stranger to start your day. The (always) awesome part of the visit was getting to hear baby's perfectly strong and perfectly loud heartbeat. Is it weird that I always find myself feeling somehow proud of my baby for having such a great sounding heartbeat? Like, "Yeah, my baby got a perfect APGAR score based on it's four chambers alone." So weird. Moving on. It was also pretty exciting when my doctor told us that it's time to start working out the details with labor and delivery, because we're nearing the end. We discussed pain management, circumcision, breastfeeding, all the fun stuff. Looks like Will and I have a lot of things to work out here in the next three months.

To round out our appointment, we were ushered off to the lab for me to get acquainted with the notorious beverage so quaintly named, "Glucose Drink: Lemon Lime". Well, the experience didn't last long, I managed to throw it up about 13 seconds after downing the last drop. The nurse said we would stop the test and she would consult with my doctor. 10 points for pregnancy nausea. For once, I'll take the puking over the alternative, which in this case would have been a blood draw. They'll probably make me do it again soon. Oh well. For now, I'm celebrating my small victory of avoiding two needle-pokes in one day. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment