Sunday, July 22, 2012

Montana

A week ago, we were making our 670-mile way back home from a (much too short) hiatus to visit family in Montana. My dad, step-mom, and three (not so) little brothers are there, along with all of my dad's side of the family. I figured it would be a fun surprise for everyone to get to see me with Buddha belly, and to make one last trip before baby comes. Here's a summary of the highlights to our 4-day vaca:


  • 14 hours in the car (each way.)
  • The smell of St. Regis, the first pit-stop in MT
  • Huckleberry milkshakes
  • Mosquito ambush
  • The look on my dad's face when he saw my belly
  • The look on my dad's face when he felt baby kick
  • Top Ramen, a la my little brother Bo
  • Hug from Riley, who is now grazing 6 feet
  • Watching Connor and Bo try to get from the ground to their feet without using their knees or arms
  • Tamarack's
  • Pepsi at the Lake
  • Fearing the boat would blow up
  • Watching Connor do a flip off of the intertube 
  • The rope breaking
  • The baby shower/family get-together
  • "Yard games"
  • Doughnuts for breakfast
  • Going to the barn with Mary, and Grace riding with us on the mule
  • Huckleberry fritters
  • Throwing up in the Harvest Foods bathroom
  • Passing a Semi-truck on a bridge, go me!

We had such a good time and were really happy to be able to see our family before the baby made it's big premiere. It made it worth the drive just getting to see my brothers interact with their little "niecephew" as they say. Hopefully it won't be too long until we see them again; they should be making their way our direction here in a few months to meet baby K :) We are so thankful to everyone who blessed us with gifts and advice and love while we were there. We love you all so much and miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. I cant imagine being in a car that long especially while preggers. Although little siblings and all things huckleberry sound SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete