Monday, August 13, 2012

Artsy Fartsy


So, this thing called nesting: let me tell you- it's real. It is this weird, uncontrollable, incessant need to clean and organize and decorate. For most, this is great! Finally, a desire to put down the Oreos, turn off A Baby Story and get something done. For me, it's torture. Why? Well, because we are in the middle of moving into our somewhat-finished home. By somewhat finished, I mean most of our rooms have four walls, paint, and flooring. Not all. More on that later.

To curb this innate cleaning/organizing/decorating obsession until a more appropriate time, I decided to channel it into some artsy-fartsy crafting for the nursery. I found a set of wall hangings that I love on the internet, but they naturally were upwards of $15 each (not counting shipping!). So I decided to try my hand at making them myself. I hope that's not illegal.

I started with some scrapbook paper, a glass of sparkling cider, and an episode of Bones.




My finished product! I kind of love them. 

I apologize for the poor iPhone-quality pictures. Oh well. I planned on putting bible verses on them, but turned out to not have room. I think I'll make a fourth piece that has only words on it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment