Friday, June 15, 2012

Belly Buttons and Other News

I have been trying to make a conscious effort to write in my blog more regularly than I have previously. Accent on the word trying, because I have been about as successful at that as I am fighting my pregnancy-induced narcolepsy. I have lots of really great excuses for my lack of time management, actually. You know what they say about excuses. My sister kept reminding me that she "hopes I am writing all of that down, or you're going to forget it". However well I think I am going to retain all of these precious (or sometimes not so much) details, my pregnancy brain has certainly shown itself a force to be reckoned with- therefore, I won't doubt it's ability to forget even the biggest of pregnant milestones. Hence, the trying to write more things down. The problem is, I have a lot of things that seem to small for a blog post all to themselves, so, my apologies in advance for a display of scattered word vomit, also known as a peek into my brain.

I always feel like I am somehow failing as a semi-mom because of my lack of questions/concerns/need for extra insight whenever we talk to the OB/GYN, so I was really excited when this appointment, I came equipped with a big concern. Go me. My (albeit, slightly weird) question was of all things, about my belly button. Of all the parts on the body to be in pain- my belly button? And it's been as terrible as it sounds. My doctor explained to me that I most likely have an umbilical hernia that was distressed due to the pregnancy. Oh, so my guts are just pushing their way through the cracks in my abdominal wall? Sweet. NBD.

In other news, the baby's kicks have been on rapid-fire mode. I felt pretty prepared that the kicks would inevitably increase in strength, but now I am a little frightened that I have an insomniac fetus. I was feeling kicks at 1-3 minute intervals for HOURS this afternoon. HOURS! Don't get me wrong, queen bee (I know there's one reading this and reveling in my pain) - I love the feeling! I just would really love it if I were about to catch some z's between it's kick-boxer training sessions.

Well, that's all I have for now. Stay tuned for more of an inevitably scrambled bunch of things I forgot that need to be noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment