Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kick, Push

I don't know if you're kicking or pushing in there, baby, but I can feel you!

Last week when William and I were spending 8 glorious days in Mexico, I felt the baby for the first time! I had been feeling some "fluttering" if you will for a week or so before that, but nothing definite enough to accredit the baby. I had been told that the first few movements can feel something similar to gas (which thanks to my good friend Progesterone, I've had no problems discerning the correlation). Up until last week, I could go along with saying the movements feel like bubbles; this past week changed everything!

There was a definite KICK.

And then it happened again. I was so alarmed! I couldn't stop laughing. I was laying on the couch massaging my stomach (darn round ligament pains) when I felt it. Baby must have been telling me that I was squishing it in it's already tight quarters, because it kicked twice more when daddy put his hand on my belly and pushed.

There are not words to explain the awesome- truly awe-inspiring- feeling a child moving around inside of you. I feel like I have a new found love and admiration for God and His plan of creation. I can only feel a glimpse of how much He must love us, because I know I love this little one more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment