Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trouble In the Apparel Department

The last week has really done a number on my waistline- thus, my clothing selection. It isn't as if I couldn't fit into my clothing if I tried, it's just that I'd be lying if I said they look good (let alone feel good)! I have found myself in my favorite yoga pants more than their fair share lately.
So here's the question: do I opt to look like I'm lazy (in my oversized tee's and yoga pants) and can't find my way into real clothing, or do I break down and go the the dreaded MATERNITY CLOTHING department?
I've been told many good things about maternity pants. How they are comfortable, they "grow with you", they are oh-so-relieving after wearing those painfully tight, rubber-banded jeans of the past. The thing is, I can't get past the appearance. Why do those stomach bands have to be nude? WHY nude? And those bands aren't the only things that come in nude.
Have you ever pursued the maternity bra section? I'll tell you, I hadn't, until my new pregnant chest became suffocated in all my undergarments. I figured I'd go meander through some more appropriate bra selections online. This little gem is what I came across:
This is a joke, right?

It's like suddenly because you're pregnant, you are automatically mommy-material, therefore all things frumpy and UNsexy. Uh, they do know that I had to engage in some risque activities to get myself in this pregnant state, right? Are they TRYING to make my fetus an only child? Well in garments like this, I am well on my way. A one-way ticket to being THAT lady that wears sky-high underwear and bras with little bows and floral.

I think being pregnant is beautiful, natural and sexy. I just want my clothing to agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment