Monday, September 24, 2012

Dear Nehemiah

Dear Nehemiah,

The day you were born was a day that will stay in my mind forever vivid and forever blurry all at the same time.
You made your grand entrance on your own time; That's a character trait that I believe will transcend beyond your infant years. You will not be hurried. You will not be slowed down. You came the way and the time that you wanted to, bar all efforts of doctors and nurses and nature. You felt ready to come, and ready we all became, too. Your ambitious spirit was noted when you decided to come into the world four weeks earlier than expected. Your calm and patient side was also noted when Pitocin nor my walking blocks around the hospital grounds were going to hurry you out.
The day you were born was a day that held insurmountable joy and peace and fulfillment, all wrapped up in the tiny package that was you. I have never felt feelings like I did when I first heard your cry and held your tiny self; I didn't know it was possible to feel so much love at one time. I didn't know that a 5 pound, 15 ounce bundle of squirming and squeaking could so suddenly become my whole world. I have never felt as close and as in love with your daddy as I did the moment I held a complete synthesis of him and I, which was you. You were and you are perfect.
The day you were born was my first taste of God's unchanging and undeserved love that he has for us. It's cliche to say that there's no love that compares to the love you feel for your children; it's said often because it's true. You: in your quiet cooing, limp and tired dreaming sleep, have done nothing but simply exist to merit any love from anyone. And yet, existing is all that you've needed to do to capture the entirety of my heart. There's nothing that you could have done or could ever do to make me love you more, or love you less. It's an amazing love. It's Agape love. It must be something like the love our Heavenly Father feels for us.
The day you were born was a game-changing, life-altering, eye-opening, meaning-realizing pinpoint in time. You have instilled a new worth in me and in your daddy. Our lives are forever changed and forever better because of you.

I love you, and all that you are, and all that you mean,
more than words can say.
M









No comments:

Post a Comment